Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A New Season of Life

I have been such a terrible blogger. I am sorry for my absence. Life has gotten a tad hectic around the Stone household. I am just so thankful for all that God is doing in our lives. As I mentioned in my last post we found a home and put ours on the market. After a week on the market we found out that what we hoped to be our future home had received another offer. Alex and I went ahead with our open house and had an astounding 14 families come through. We prayed for an offer so we could remove our contingency on the other home. But more importantly we prayed and told God that we knew he could see the future that we could not. And if he had something else in mind we were okay. As luck would have it we did not receive and offer and had to walk away from the home. We felt after much thought that it was best to leave our home on the market and keep searching. After two more weeks our home sold. So as of April 2nd we will be homeless. This brings us to the exciting part. My boss has mentioned numerous times that he would love to build us a home. I have never really entertained the idea because I did not want to take advantage of him. But with nothing we liked having come on the market we started to consider it. So in the last week we have sold our home, found a lot, perused through house plans and started all of the necessary bank business. This morning I got the call saying that we have the construction loan. So in honor of the craziness I would like to share with you the architects rendering of the front of our future home.
The room on the left side will be removed to save money and lower the square footage but I think it will be fine. I love all things traditional and classic and didn't want anything "modern." My mother informed me it looked like the "Father of the Bride" house. That is fine with me. It is one of Mary and I's favorite movies. Tomorrow we have our inspections and I am praying everything goes well. Then it will be time to start packing. Thanks to the Retro Homemaker I started using the Flylady system a few weeks back. I have been cleaning out some junk drawers and different areas. I hope that has at least given me a head start on what is to come. Everything will be packed and stored for a few months while we wait for the house to be completed. Modern Donna may end up as Lucy in The Long Long Trailer. Alex has decided to save money we should live in our travel trailer for the next 4 or 5 months. I think it will be wonderful for us all to really connect and focus on each other. I know we will appreciate the new home all the more after living in 200 ft2. I just hope we don't all go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment