Monday, January 23, 2012

Absence Excuse

I have not given up on the blogging experience. I think I just picked a crazy busy time to start. So after a year and a half of looking Alex and I have finally found a home we think really fits our family. With almost 2 acres it should be plenty of space for Jeff and Mary to run around. And I am also hoping there will be lots of space for chickens and an expanded garden. God truly has worked to bring this home into our reach. After much countering we have finally signed and agreed with the sellers on a contract. The hitch is that ours was a contingent offer, meaning that we need to sell our home before we can buy theirs. So we have been working like mad cleaning, finishing projects and getting everything ready. Our home hit the market Saturday morning. We are praying that it sells quickly so that we may begin this new journey. It is very bitter-sweet for me. We have put many hours of labor and love into this home. We fought infertility here and brought home our babies to this house. It is the only home they have ever known. Alex and I are not for moving around a bunch even though this will be our third home together. Both sets of our parents still live in the homes we grew up in. The move to our current home didn't bring about this emotion. I'm guessing because we didn't have children. But we hope that this move will be our forever home with lots of room for the kids and better schools. Being 5 we still look forward to the years we will still have them at home. Each day that passes just seems to fly by. Don't get me wrong there are lots of days that I am thankful for passing quickly but most of the time there is a little twinge of sadness when I put them to bed. One more day closer... Sorry to be a downer. Anyway any prayers for a quick sale would be very much appreciated. It seems like once you have made that resolve you are ready to just get going. I am already planning my garden layout!  

1 comment:

  1. I hope your house sells quickly!! Wow, two acres! We are considering buying a house with land ourselves as we could grow a garden and be more self sufficient! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete