Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Years Cleaning


Unlike most people who do spring cleaning I tend to do New Years and Fall cleaning. With my slight OCD I just can't bring myself to put up the Christmas decorations and then walk away. With Christmas down it is like an open slate that I am ready to make clean. For me the biggest part of this is dusting the walls before I hang back up our family pictures. Yes, I said dusting the walls, that is what happens when you have library paneling. But then that leads to curtain cleaning, more dusting and carpet shampooing. I do it all. And of course there is the de-cluttering of toys and other items since we have to make space for all of Mary and Jeff's Christmas gifts. And that brings me to my question. With New Years Resolutions and Pinterest is there a certain schedule or plan you like to follow? With Pinterest there are a bunch to choose from. By the way if you are not sure what Pinterest is, go there, fast. Click the link above. Go... Now.. But allow for some computer time. It is very addictive! I'm not sure how ladies from the 30-60's would of had time to spend on something like it. Maybe not sleep? So what are your tips and tricks? Do you have a cleaning schedule that works for you? Did you find it somewhere or make your own?

2 comments:

  1. I am addicted to Pinterest! :) I follow Flylady's schedule for the most part, then add my own daily lists. It's like I like some scheduled routine, but I like to be spontaneous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slight OCD!?!? (; Just make a list...or two or five...it's fun to cross things off!

    ReplyDelete