Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summertime activities

     We have been very busy around here. Since Mary's dance recital and she and Jeff's Pre-K graduation we have entered full blown summer mode. We are so thankful for Mary's Christian dance studio. After seeing some of the other 5 year olds' dances I was in shock. Our princess happily danced to My Fair Lady's "I could have danced all night."
      Progress on the house is going well. I have to remind myself of this on weeks I don't see anything happening. they are almost finished with the siding and brick on the outside. Then they will start on the little bit of rock around the garage. All that is left before insulation is the heating and air rough in. They have gone quick for two months worth of work. However two months in a camper can be a little rough.
Last week was one of our hardest to date. Alex was hit by a 17 year old girl who failed to yield to oncoming traffic as she turned left. She hit his front driver side and skid down the side of his truck. When she reached the back end he went a little airborne and hit an electrical pole. But thank you Jesus for that!


      The pole kept him from rolling into the gas station. He is doing surprisingly well considering. I don't think it really sunk in for me until I saw a picture of the backseat where my babies car-seats could have been. I would have lost one for sure. I am so thankful to God that Alex and the young girl are okay. We are in a predicament with the trailer and having no truck but that is a very small price to pay.
      On a much happier note we were able to spend Memorial weekend with dear friends and enjoy some much needed relaxation. I had fun helping my friend work her booth that the local farmer's market and then scouring the countryside for an antique vanity for Mary. We found lots of neat things but I held out and only purchased the vanity. I can't wait to get it all fixed up for her. Normally I am not a fan of painting antiques but this piece does need some work. I think it will look nice and feminine painted a nice cream. Now I can't wait to take her looking for some vintage accessories.
      I apologize for not being able to turn the picture. Don't you just love the round mirror! I just could not bring myself to buy a generic looking, cheaply made vanity. Even with the surface work that needs to be done we are just in love with this one. I found lots of great ones but was happy to find one that had a flat work surface all of the way across that a chair could fit under. I will be sure to post pictures of the finished product.
      Just a side note to say that this post has taken me over a week to get up. Living in the camper I have tried posting it from my Kindle and from my phone with no avail. If anyone has any tips for mobile blogging please let me know!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment